Sunday 10 July 2016

The Maid of Wynn tells it how it is...

"Christ..." I say to the Maid of Wynn as we sit in bed and she works out what plants she needs to grow in World of Warcraft on a piece of paper with the guild bank open whilst I read a new webcomic I bumped into this afternoon on the loo at work.
"... Did you know its been two years since my last blog post?" I ask her, baffled at how long its actually been.
"Well, that's because you're rubbish" She points out.

Love is kinda like that, I guess. Harsh and delivered whilst the other person is distracted.

On the plus side, she DOES have the right amount of Soy Sauce. Apparantly this is actually a thing.

Now she's spitefully licking an awful lolly she managed to nick from work, because she's reading over my shoulder now she's noticed i'm actually writing...

-----

This is me, once again attempting to get this pile of oddly shaped dice up off of the floor and back into the box.

So, heres a list of what I have (And havn't!) been doing since I last made a post...

Lords of Gossamer and Shadow failed as a campaign. Which was super disappointing. I still hope to one day have a game of it on the go, but I think people have been a little burned on it and are doing other things with their nights now.

Dungeon World was discovered as an RPG which I instantly fell in love with. I seriously adore this game greatly. I'll do another post about that in the future though.

XCOM hasn't really advanced at all as a project. Remember how my previous post to this one two years ago said 'I have a new job now! and opportunity to wargame!'? Yeah, I still have the job but the wargaming is still sparse. I really should get painting again, though...

Victory by Any Means is an interesting little 4x game that I discovered looking for similar titles. I've been looking at the rulebook for ages but have only recently been able to actually give it a go. Its pretty maths intensive, but once you know what you're actually doing it almost opens up...

The Isles of Darkness is still about and i'm still playing the games! A lot of them have had me thinking recently what players can do to improve their own games as well as the games of others, so I might do a few posts about that...

RPG Design. I'm sure every roleplayer thinks about making their own game - I bet some of them even managed it. I've come up with either hacks for other people's games or entirely new ideas without any sort of mechanics behind them or actual effort behind designing them. Maybe i'll have a go at that for real...

At any rate, that's the current state of the Fort.

Better bust out the mortar and repair some of these walls...

No comments:

Post a Comment